What you’ll learn
To know about Pharmaceutical Research
To know about how Drug products get discovered
To know basic aspects of clinical research
Career Opportunities in Clinical Research
To know about success and failures during Research
To aquire knowledge of Clinical research and Professional life of Clinical Researcher
Information of Ethics committee
Curiousity about learning
A career in clinical research promises productive jobs in the country and abroad. At present, India is the most preferred hub for clinical trials among all the Asian countries.
If you are looking for a Career in clinical research in India, then keep reading the description below:
What is Clinical Research :
The health sector is an important sector in the economy. It not only provides health care facilities but also generates great academic and career choices for aspirants. Clinical research is one such branch of study that has become very popular these days. It is the study of healthcare science that deals with research carried out on humans for improving treatments, medications, devising new methods of diagnosis and increasing knowledge on various diseases and disorders.
Clinical Research refers to a study conducted to assess potential treatment and its effect on human beings. Clinical trials help us find out if medication, a device, a diagnostic product or a treatment regimen is safe and effective for use. During a trial, increasing information is gained about the treatment option, its risks and how it may work. Certification in clinical research (CCR) is meant to offer candidates a chance to obtain and develop the skill essential for effective clinical research. The program is meant to meet the high demand for qualified personnel for human clinical trials. The program enables you to know the practical features of clinical trial and its management including designing the phases, implementation, planning, regulatory and procedural guidelines, data analysis, and ethical considerations.
This program is designed in such a way that it assists the aspiring candidates in learning about the bioethics that goes in a hospital or a clinic. The course curriculum is such that it provides the student with the right skills needed to assist in the preparation of presentations and manuscripts of scientific meetings and technical medicine journals.
The program is built to produce quality clinical research analysts having the right skill set required to work in the clinics and hospitals.
Clinical Research course opens a vast range of career options for the candidates. From working in the medicine department such as clinics and hospitals to working as a teacher or lecturer at a college, candidates can select to pursue anything they wish to.
– Any degree in Bioscience/Life Sciences such as Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology etc
– Any degree in Medicine such as MBBS, BDS, BPT, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS etc
– Any degree in Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Sciences
– Any degree in Chemistry / Biostatistics / Bioinformatics
– Any degree in Nursing / Allied Health.
– Students in their final year of graduation for the above courses are also eligible to apply.
Clinical Research Job Opportunities
The latest changes in regulations have a great impact on a Clinical Research Investigator’s life. Latest studies show that the Clinical Research field which is at present having business growth around 250 crores will soon have a growth of approximately 5000 crores. This profession assists investigators to end up with good income similar to doctors. A lot of research sectors such as Biotech Companies, Pharma Industries, Research Labs, etc have opened job opportunities for clinical investigators. Several types of Clinical Research positions are available and few of them include:
- Clinical Research Managers (CRM)
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
- Clinical Research Coordinator (CRO)
- Project Manager
Scope of Clinical Research in India and Abroad:
Healthcare sectors have been growing widely, and clinical research has contributed a lot to this growth. The patient-oriented, epidemiologic, behavioural, and health service research has led to the development of many treatments, methods, and medications for various healthcare problems. This has been possible because of students of clinical research.
With so many health issues in the world, clinical research has an immensely popular base among medical students. The field not only provides employment opportunities to its students, but it also saves the world by attempting clinical trials and helping in the development of new vaccines and other treatments. Health problems are all around the world, and therefore, there is an equal demand for clinical research associates and physicians internationally as well.
Clinical research students can become Clinical Research Analyst, Clinical Research Physicians, Clinical Research Coordinator, Biostatistician, Clinical Research Associates, and so on. Excellent students can get recruitments in popular institutions such as AIIMS and even get jobs in foreign institutes, hospitals, and clinics.
Benefits of this course
1) Students can learn Basic aspects of Clinical research
2) Develop proficiency in study-design exhibiting the depth and difficulty of clinical and translational science applications.
3) Understand how to perform and control clinical research
4) Gain knowledge about various regulatory authorities and their specification to approve marketing of healthcare products.
5) Gain knowledge on the use of medical data, data evaluation, and the use of data databases.
6) Build expertise in communication, problem-solving, educational approaches, research and management, associated to a clinical research.
Look for course description…. Look for see you in the class
Who this course is for:
- Masters of pharmacy students
- Bachelor of Pharmacy students
- Clinical students
- Pharmaceutical professionals
- Pharm. D students
- New learners
- Pharma freshers
- Pharma job seekers
- Career oportunity in clinical research
- Medical students
- Pharma investors