What you’ll learn
The entirety of the new features in Java 8 with examples
Interfaces with default and static methods, functional interfaces, and lambda expressions
Method references, function references, the Date & Time API, and streams API, among others.
Java 18 SimpleWebServer feature and uses
How to use Java Script from Java 8
Basics of Java is must
In this Java 8 course, I tried to keep only practical things and mainly focused on Lambda & Stream API along with Date.
New features and improvements in Java 8. Understanding all the new features from eight versions is made easier by taking the Zero to Hero course. All of the new features will be thoroughly covered in this course, both in terms of theory and code. All of the key features, including:
- Lambda Expressions,
- Streams API is one of the important features that got introduced as part of Java8.
- How does the Stream API Works with example
- File Reading with all techniques
- File Writing along with CSV file Reading
- How Collections are different from Streams
- Date & Time,
- Default & Static methods,
- Optional, Method References
- This section covers how to perform Parallel processing using Streams.
- How to check the performance between the sequential and parallel programming
- Functional Interfaces have received special consideration and explanation. Each feature will be covered during the course discussion with a conceptual explanation first, followed by a thorough code walkthrough and execution. Since the course is set up so that omitting a known feature won’t affect other parts or lectures, you are free to skip any features that you are already familiar with.
- Java 18 feature: Embedded WebServer and how to use it.
Who this course is for:
- This course for someone who is already working on Java and wanted to learn Java 8
- Any developer wants to switch to Java
JAVA 8: Zero To Hero with Lambdas & Streams
Coding Java 8 will teach you about Lambdas, Streams, new Date APIs, Optionals, and parallel programming.