What you’ll learn
Deepen your understanding of meditation
Teach mediation to others
Understand how to teach safely
Add a meditation qualification to your CV
Loving-kindness, focused, mantra, gazing and open monitoring meditation
Students should have a basic familiarity with meditation
If you are new to meditation, complete our free 5-Day Mindfulness course first
Do you want to deepen your understanding of meditation and learn to teach it to others? This course will give you everything you need to get started as a certified meditation teacher.
- Meditation in a range of cultural contexts including Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and Christianity
- Scientific definitions of meditation and meditation theory
- How meditation can be applied for physical and mental health benefits
- A wide range of meditation techniques
- Teaching skills and keeping your students safe
We’ll explore different meditation techniques through practical exercises so you can get hands-on experience with different types of meditation. For each one, you’ll get an introduction, practice and list of teaching points. We’ll cover:
- Loving-kindness meditation (Maitrī, mettā)
- Focused meditation (breath, object-focused)
- Mantra meditation
- Gazing meditation (Trataka)
- Open monitoring meditation (mindfulness)
Each module is assessed by a multiple-choice exam. By the end of the course, you’ll earn a certificate accredited by the European Educational Standards Body. Registered training provider number 104667.
Taught by Chris Worfolk, psychologist, co-owner of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic and author of Do More, Worry Less.
Looking to decide between this and my best-selling Mindfulness Teacher Training course? The mindfulness course goes deeper on that subject and is perfect for students who want an approach that concentrates on evidence-based approaches and mental health. This course is more suited to students who want to explore the historical context of meditation and a wider range of techniques. Both courses complement each other and all of the lessons are recorded separately for each course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to deepen their own practice of meditation
- Anyone who wants to teach meditation to others