What you’ll learn
Understand basic principles of Agile procurement and its practical implications
Review and test practical ways to improve the strategic sourcing process
Find well-established and innovative methods to deliver procurement value
Comprehend principles of value-based procurement and its differences to the TCO-based sourcing
Review and test multiple methods to increase the efficiency of strategic procurement processes
Conduct 10 different exercise and practical cases
Basic understanding of procurement and sourcing processes and governance
This online course isn’t about generic purchasing, supplier management, or negotiations. Such training is abundant elsewhere on Udemy.
As a consultant and tutor, I can spend long hours explaining each topic in detail. I will overwhelm you with information, which may sometimes be difficult to digest and even harder to practice.
It takes years of hands-on experience to learn how to process the theoretical constructs into light and valuable tools for daily use.
Putting on our students’ shoes, we tried to answer simple yet essential questions that make sense for every procurement professional, either a beginner or an expert.
– How to practice Agile methodology in procurement?
– How to excel in strategic sourcing?
– How to deliver more value?
– How to work more effectively?
Each section of our course should provide a few possible answers by offering best practice strategic procurement concepts, techniques, and tools and trying them in real sourcing situations.
Then it’s up to you to judge which solution you can take to your office the next day upon finishing this course and exercise new ways of working.
Procurement training topics of this Udemy course
1. Definitions of Agile. Iron Triangle of Project Management. The actual cost of Time-to-Market. Agile supplier selection. Fixed-scope negotiations.
2. Reverse marketing. Strategic procurement management vs. purchasing. Procurement cost evolution. Sourcing strategy. Alternatives to the RFP process.
3. The evolution of the procurement process. TCO and value-based procurement. Sourcing levers. Value delivery.
4. Buying channels. Spend profile analysis. Value stream mapping for business-process optimization.
We will propose a dozen practical exercises and cases for you to try and decide what fits better.
Who this course is for:
- Procurement professionals looking for practical ways to buy better, deliver more value, and work efficiently
- Procurement beginners and experts seeking ways to apply best-practice concepts and tools