What you’ll learn
1. Understand what a project is, differentiate between project , programs, portfolios and operations
2. Understand the project manager’s role and learn how to be a successful project manager
3 Practice using the project management processes
4 Practice tailoring your project to use Waterfall and Agile scrum
No prior professional experience required. You will learn everything from the scratch.
A practical learning experience designed to help you build essential Project Management and Agile / Scrum skills while having fun!
This learning experience offers 02:30 hours of highly interactive animated video designed to keep you engaged and deliver messages straight to you with no time wasted.
Content delivery is supported by practical Project Management and Agile / Scrum examples based on real-life projects from different industries to simplify the concepts and give you a practical sense of how it’s currently applied in industry.
Written by a seasoned Program Manager and Management Consultant who has been in the business for more than 20 years. He has worked for top Technology and Management Consulting firms including McKinsey & Company, HP, EDS and Valeo, in multiple locations globally.
The course focuses on essential project management and Agile / Scrum skills and practices currently used in industry . And is tuned to the PMP / PMBOK Guide 7th Edition terminology and Agile / Scrum practices.
Is best fit for learners who need to get up-to-speed with project management in a short time including:
- Newly managing a project or about to manage a project
- Returning project managers who need to refresh core concepts or earn PDUs
- Technical professionals who plan, or want to decide whether, to shit career to project management
- Management executives from different disciplines, who want to build or refresh foundation project management skills
- University students who want to get a practical view of how project management play in real world
- Professionals seeking a soft introduction before embarking on a in-depth study for PMI PMP or ACP (this course will be step one, you’ll need to register for a more advanced course to prepare for these certificates as a next step)
Animated video lectures covering 4 fundamental topics (02:15 hours):
1. What are projects?
2. The project manager’s role.
3. The project management processes and areas.
4. What is waterfall vs. Agile lifecycles? (Agile is explained through Scrum)
Assignments and questions inspired by a real-life mega projects, designed to build practical skills:
- Tailor your project lifecycle and processes
- Plan for project work
- Setup your Agile team and ceremonies in Scrum
- Kick-off and lead project execution
- Track your project performance and resolve performance issues
- Manage stakeholders and team
- Close out your project successfully
Mentoring moments :
A video series where the course instructor shares his technical and career advice based on more than 20 years of experience.
It focuses on how to make best use of project management and make your way towards becoming an amazing project manager.
Other design Aspects
The course uses many design approaches to ensure you’re engaged and having fun while you learn:
- Animated content with visual aids
- Story-telling approach
- Knowledge supported by practical examples
- Suitable for any business domain
- Natural, and simple, communication style suitable for any age or seniority level
Project Management || Agile || Scrum || PMP Intro.
Who this course is for:
- Fresh project managers (just started or about to start managing a project)
- Returning project managers, who wants to refresh project management knowledge and earn PDUs
- Business owners who needs project management for their new or existing start-ups
- Executive managers who wants to be familiar with the technicalities of project management
- University students who want to get a practical feeling of the project manager’s role
- Individual professionals who plan, or are considering, to become project managers